Movie Trivia #4 and answers to #3
Three down, three more to go! Sorry I'm so late today. I'm hoping you guys were as busy as I was.
First, the answers to Wednesday's quotes:
1) Man #1: "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."
Man #2: "You want to walk a little faster through that valley there?"
This came from Titanic (the 1997 version, as I believe Donna pointed out).
2) "You see, Mr. Scott, in the water I'm a very skinny lady."
This came from The Poseidon Adventure (1972), possibly the first of the disaster movies. They remade this as Poseidon a few years back. I couldn't even sit through the whole thing. And I'm real glad Andre Braugher got a decent job; this seemed like a waste of his talent.
3) "Dying together's even more personal than living together."
You can never go wrong with Alfred Hitchcock. Lifeboat (1944) is one of his best with a fabulous cast that included the distinguished black actor Canada Lee and the notorious Tallulah Bankhead, she of the good bourbon, fast men, and even faster women, dahling. And Hitchcock managed to come up with a unique way to make his signature cameo in a movie about people floating in a lifeboat in the Atlantic after their ship sank: He used his famously rotund profile as the Before model in a newspaper someone had for a reducing medication, obviously putting his head on a slimmer man for the After model.
The common theme here, of course, is sinking ships (boat, ship, ocean are all acceptable).
Donna got all three plus the bonus question correct for 20 points and now has 60.
Patricia got #1, #2, and the bonus question correct for 15 points and now has 50.
It looks like we lost WebbHolsey and Katrina.
Ten points isn't very far apart, and Friday's final round, which will be a wild assortment of quotes, can change everything!
Now, for today's quotes:
1) "Hey, my name is Benny Blanco from the Bronx."
2) "I was raised on a farm in Moooresville, Indiana. My mama ran out on us when I was three, my daddy beat the hell out of me cause he didn't know no better way to raise me. I like baseball, movies, good clothes, fast cars, whiskey, and you... what else you need to know?"
3) "When people ask me if Michael Sullivan was a good man, or if there was just no good in him at all, I always give the same answer. I just tell them... he was my father."
Five points for the correct name of each movie. Five bonus points if you can name the common thread.
I'll be back Tuesday with today's answers and the next-to-last set of quotes.