Another Item for the List of Things I Just Don't Understand

Today was Take Your Dog to Work Day.

Your daughters, yes. They'll likely one day be working women, and they might as well learn at a reasonably young age that it's no picnic trying to balance full-time work with family life. But your dog? Can there possibly be a point to this?

I haven't seen a single canine in the building I work at, and I'm glad, since I'm allergic. But I'm told that the next building is full of mutts.

I'm grateful not to be sneezing.

2 comments:

PatriciaW said...

This HAD to be a NY thing! Always on the front end of social change.

No such problem in FL, although my subdivision seems to have been overrun with dog lovers! (Don't get me wrong -- love the pooches! Just not crazy about the owners who allow them to poop with free reign throughout the neighborhood.)

bettye griffin said...

Actually, I'm in Illinois, but who knows? Maybe New York is where it originated.

Oh, yes, I know all about the dog owners who don't believe in using pooper scoopers. I think our subdivision requires this, but where I walk is a public street, and I definitely have to watch my step!

Bettye