February 19, 2012

Movie Trivia Answers

...for those who are interested...

Day #1
1) "In my mother's house there is still God."

This came from A Raisin in the Sun (1961) and was said by both Claudia McNeil and Diana Sands.

2) (young man) "They're saying your family are Negroes."
(young girl) "Yes, but did they say anything bad about us?"
This came from Lost Boundaries (1949).

Day #2
"He's had a longstanding sexual relationship with his co-editor of the magazine. Sometimes he performs cunnilingus on her. Not often enough, in my opinion."

This came from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011).

Day #3
"Once you have a man with no legs, you never go back."
This came from Trading Places (1983).

Day #4
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!"
This came from True Grit (1970, remade in 2010).  John Wayne said it in the original; Jeff Bridges in the remake.

Day #5
"Maybe not, but love has got to stop somewhere short of suicide!"
This came from Dodsworth (1936).

Day #6
1) "Sit your five-dollar-ass down before I make change!"

This came from New Jack City (1991).

2) "You know where you can bury your hatchet? Now, get your bony ass outta my sight!"

This came from Working Girl (1987).

Day #7
"I have to murder and dismember a crustacean."

This came from Julie & Julia (2009).

Day #8
"I may have trouble remembering my own name, or what country I live in, but there are two things I can't seem to forget: that my own daughter threw me into a nursing home, and that she ate Minny's shit."

This came from The Help (2011).

Day #9
"I'm thirty-three years old, and I still look good..." [when no one expresses agreement] "I still look good."
This came from Waiting to Exhale (1995) and was said by Whitney Houston.

Day #10
1) "I've always liked older men. Look at that old fellow, what's-his-name, in The African Queen. Absolutely crazy about him."
This came from How To Marry A Millionaire (1953) and was said by Lauren Bacall.

2) [listening to a trumpet player the radio] "That's Harry James. I'd know him anywhere."
This was said by Betty Grable, in the same movie as named above.

3) "Who you got waiting for you in New York, Ava Gardner?"
This was said to (not by) Frank Sinatra.  The movie was On The Town (1949).

Day #11
"My closest relationship is with my Blackberry. Thank God it vibrates!"
This is from Valentine's Day (2010).

Thanks for playing, everybody!

0 comments: