The Awards Season That Wasn't?

In honor of what might possibly be a toned-down movie awards season, let's have some fun!
Can anyone out there tell me A) what actor said this, and B) what movie it was from:

"Who has been puttin' out their Kools on my floor????"

Answer to be posted by noon Central Time tomorrow, if no one comes up with a correct answer before then. More movie trivia right up through the Academy Awards presentation. I'll keep track of all correct answers, and I'll even award a prize or two (so the more correct answers you have, the more likely you'll win something!) What prizes, you ask? I haven't decided yet, other than that only U.S. residents are eligible to win, and that they will be smaller than a breadbox (and likely less valuable, although I can promise it'll be worth more than a loaf of bread).

Check back often; you never know when I'll have a new question up. Let's have some fun, y'all!

7 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I have no idea... It sounds like something Samuel Jackson might have said... possibly in Pulp Fiction . You know I'm reaching with this one. If I were on a game show I would have to pass on this question.

Gwyneth

PatriciaW said...

From what used to be one of my favorite movies, Trading Places starring Eddie Murphy. Eddie's character, Billy Ray, says this when he throws a big party after moving into the mansion that had previously belonged to Dan Akroyd's character.

I'm not as big a fan of this movie as I used to be because parts of it seems just a bit too over the top now.

bettye griffin said...

Gwyneth . . . BZZZZZZZZZZ!

Patricia . . . DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!!

In other words, Patricia was right. She summarized so nicely that it seemed pointless to wait for other responses and declare multiple winners. (Maybe I'd better go back and revise my original post). You're a writer, girl!

Gwyneth, I'll bet you're saying, "Trading Places. Of course!" right about now, aren't you?

Winner Scores To Date: Patricia has 1 OGGS (that's short for Oscar - Golden Globes - SAG, y'all).

This is one of my all-time favorite comedies, the other one being Tootsie (a whole different type of humor, but funny just the same). The writing is helped along by fabulous delivery by the actors. My next favorite line in Trading Places is the late Shakesperean actor Denholm Elliott as the butler, saying, "Or else beats them to it . . . Eggnog?" On paper it's flat. But he says it perfectly.

Stick around. I think we'll all learn something about dialogue.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Wanhhhhhh! I was gonna say Trading Places, honest...

Oh well... next time...

Gwyneth

Anonymous said...

Awe man, I'm too late...lol

Good job Patricia.

PatriciaW said...

Thank you, thank you. I'd like to thank...

I can stomach all of Eddie's early movies except The Golden Child and Beverly Hills Cop 3. I mean come on, an amusement park?

Now my husband hates all his character voices because he says they all sound like Donkey from Shrek no matter what the character. Of course, I counter that it's really Mushu from Mulan who predated the green ogre.

His best movie? Life, another one with great dialogue.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Life had some great lines, Patricia! The hubby and I still use some "You gonna eat your corn bread?" "Ray's Boom Boom Room." "White-only pie!" "I'm from New York City!" LOL.