A New Day Coming

From the time I first opened my eyes at 5:17AM this morning, I knew there was something special about today. It didn't take long to figure it out.

This is the last day of the year 2006. Tomorrow it will be 2007.

I always feel excited as an old year prepares to wrap up. There's something appealing to me about starting over with a blank (not necessarily clean) board. Already the hopes are buzzing around in my head. This will be the year I will finally lose those 25 pounds. This will be the year I will become totally and permanently organized. This will be the year I will get contracts for two pet projects of mine that have been languishing for years. This will be the year that Hollywood will call to option one of my books - no, let me re-phrase that, since they've already called. This will be the year that Hollywood will call to option one of my books with a positive result. And the book I'm presently writing, tentatively titled The First Fifty Years, will be, as the teenagers say (or used to say), the shit. (I always feel the most excited about the project I'm working on, even though I have two books coming out this year.)

I guess I'd better get busy. Because one thing is certain: Time waits for no one.

0 comments: