August 5, 2011

Popping in

I've been quite busy these last few weeks. I wrapped up my time with my mother, who came up to Wisconsin for a 7-week stay with us (while she'd hoped to escape the oppressive Florida heat, the heat wave we had brought unusually high temperatures frequently above 90 degrees).  My husband and I attended his family's 40th reunion, held this year in St. Louis, and while there toured the family hometown of Crystal City, Missouri.  I did the happy dance upon the return of the rights to the remainder of my Arabesque titles, which I plan to re-release in eBook form.  And, of course, I've been writing, balancing two projects, one edging closer to completion and the other the most ambitious project I've ever tackled, with a structure still to be determined, with anticipated publication dates for this fall and next spring, respectively.

Here's a link to a sneak peek at my fall project, the title of which I will unveil with the cover at some future date.  It's fairly polished, although not as sparkling as it will be in the final version. Enjoy!

2 comments:

PatriciaW said...

Congrats on your rights reversion. You've been busy but it sounds like you had a good time. And your new project sounds good too. Those of us who haven't been there might look askew as Racine, WI, much less North Dakota ;)

bettye griffin said...

Thanks, Patricia! I know that using any Midwest setting north of Chicago might raise a few eyebrows, but I do plan to use it for both my current projects as well as several drafted projects as well, often with a tie-in to Mississippi. As for North Dakota, I'm winging that one completely!