October 10, 2012

That's a Promise

As I finish up the manuscript for Something Real, it dawned on me that this has been such a long project because of its structure.  I haven't had this much difficulty completing a project since The Heat of Heat two years ago.  The two projects are structured similarly in that they cover more than one romance (two and three, respectively). Keeping previously mentioned facts as well as timelines straight has been a real challenge, but the end result makes it worth it for me and hopefully for readers as well. There's nothing like patting yourself on the back for a job well done.

Because of the complexities of coordinating the plotline, the length of the manuscript ballooned well past the original estimate.  It's important to me that the readers have a sense of who these characters are, but I have challenged myself...

My next release will be a single romance thread that will absolutely, positively be less than 75K words, preferably shorter than that.

I already have two storylines that will work for this; all that remains is to choose which one to write.

Wish me luck.

0 comments: