Would you bring me a double vodka right away?

So said actor/director Sydney Pollack to a waiter in his role as George Fields the agent in Tootsie, one of the funniest movies ever made in my opinion, when his client Michael Dorsey (Dustin Hoffman) showed up at the Russian Tea Room dressed as a woman, Dorothy Michaels. Originally an actor before being steered toward directing by Burt Lancaster, Pollack had a way with delivering a line. The above quote was spoken flawlessly, as was, “God, I begged you to get therapy . . . .”

Sydney Pollack died this weekend, leaving behind an admirable body of work.

Speaking of double vodkas, I’m pleased to announce that my husband and I took full advantage of this holiday weekend. Phase I of our move is complete, and that we are now officially cheeseheads (residents of Wisconsin). Phase II will involve getting all that furniture and boxes we had to leave behind in Florida. But I can’t deal with that right now. Maybe after a couple of more double vodkas.
Anyway, while I do things like try to find my rollers and other stuff so I won't have to walk around looking like a tackhead, I’ve asked some of my writer friends to step up and do some guest blogs so y’all don’t get bored, on the topic of writing. First up will be Reon Laudat. I should be able to post Reon’s blog tomorrow.

Back to the boxes.

0 comments: