Movie Trivia 2010 - Final Round...

...but not the answers to Round 5. Since no one has responded as of yet (yes, I know we're all busy), I'll extend the deadline and announce it all in the final results on Sunday, so if you haven't sent your answers to Tuesday's round, now's the time to do it!

Here's the good part: If the people who are leading don't come back to finish play, someone else can sneak in and win!

So let's get right to the trivia. No common threads this time, just quotes and trivia, one from each decade dating back 80 years.

25 points for each correct answer.

1) "Don't be looking at me like I ain't got no drawers on." (2000s)

2) "Oo-wah!" (1990s)
Hint: Not only was this a line from a movie, but it is also the first thing that came out of the mouth of the person who said it when accepting their Academy Award for that performance.

3) "Perhaps you'd like me to come in there and wash your dick for you, you little shit." (1980s)

4) "You're a nice girl...but I think you'd better stay away from that cake!" (1970s)
Hint: The late author E. Lynn Harris said this was his favorite movie.

5) "Hello, Gorgeous." (1960s)
Hint: Not only was this a line from a movie, but it is also the first thing the speaker said when accepting their Academy Award for that performance.

6) "In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." (1950s)

7) "The stuff that dreams are made of." (1940s)

8) "Mother of Mercy! Is this the end of Rico?" (1930s)

Bonus question: (50 points)
He is the only actor to have won an Oscar (supporting category) for playing a character named Oscar. Name him.

Answers due by 3PM Sunday. Winners to be announced Sunday right around at Oscar time. First place ARC of Trouble Down The Road and other prizes to be mailed Monday!

2 comments:

DonnaD said...

Bettye, I could have sworn I replied for Tuesday's questions. But maybe not. It's been a little crazy around here.

But here's what I came up with.

1: Jerry Maguire. Hated that movie. Except for Cuba and the kid.

2: Michael Clayton. On my cable watch list.

3: I'm thinking Elmer Gantry. I just saw this for the second time this past weekend and I can swear I hear Burt Lancaster saying this at the end. Not sure how I feel about the movie, but Lancaster was fabulous.

Now the obvious connection is that the movies are all titled after the main character. But another tie is that in every movie, an Oscar was awarded to the best supporting actor/actresss: Shirley Jones aka Mrs. Partridge, Cuba Gooding (best acceptance speech pre-Halle Berry) and Tilda Swinton (loved her in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe).

I'll respond to the final challenge later.

DonnaD said...

Okay, this last set of quotes were lulus! I don't know if I got them all right, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

1: Cadillac Records
2: Scent of a Woman (yeah, Al Pacino!)
3: Arthur
4: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (Just saw it but fell asleep on it - weird movie but great writing; actually done in the late 60's)
5: Funny Girl (yeah, Barbra Streisand!)
6: Diary of Anne Frank (sad movie)
7: Maltese Falcon (Bogey - enough said)
8: Little Ceasar (not the pizza place; Edward G as an Egyptian in Ten Commandments - gotta love him)

Bonus: took some digging but it's Edmund O'Brien for Barefoot Contessa.