May 15, 2012

Influential

I just read a new (5-star!) review of Isn't She Lovely? on Amazon in which the reader says she was initially apprehensive about making the purchase because of the one 3-star review it received. I found this interesting because there were seven 5-star reviews and two 4-star reviews in addition to that one 3-star review. This reader says she was pleased to find that the story was "well written, well developed" and that she felt like she was "reading a romance novel from a veteran" (she had not heard of me previously and doesn't know I'm an experienced author). She said it was "a classy romance with a little spice in it and written in proper English as opposed to slang" and that she "can't wait to read more from this author."

My question to you is, if a book has numerous glowing reviews and one that's just so-so or even less than that, which one carries the most weight for you?

0 comments: