July 1, 2012

The Halfway Mark

Three years of out every four, the middle of the year is on July 2nd (my birthday), the 183rd day of the year, with 182 days before and 182 days after.  This year, being a Leap Year (and a Presidential election and an Olympics year as well), there is an even number of days in the year, 366.  That would put the middle of the year in the closing hours of July 1st and the opening hours of July 2nd (or if you're looking for a 24-hour period, from noon on the 1st to 11:59AM on the 2nd). 

I always used my birthday as a time of reflection to think about what I'd hoped to accomplish at the start of the year; a sort of cue to get on the ball if I'm behind...which I usually am.

This year I've done better than most.  I'm writing more, eating better, and am better organized.  The only thing I've run a little short on is my weight loss goals.  I'm paying close attention to portion control and late-night snacking, but I haven't been exercising like I should.  The result is that my weight is down, but my midsection doesn't indent (in other words, I don't have a waistline). I'm turning up the heat, since we'll be vacationing in a beach setting the end of this month.

What about you?  If you were to revisit your goals for the year, how are you doing?  

0 comments: