All Listed Out
Lately I've been reading a lot about setting writing and publishing goals for the rapidly approaching new year (yup, it'll be 2013 before you know it).
Goal-setting and progress-checking are important for indie writers/publishers, because we are in charge of our careers. At some point our past accomplishments have to be checked to determine what is working and what's not, and our future accomplishments checked as well...looking at our output studied to determine whether we need to speed things up (or slow things down), check that idea file and outline which projects are anticipated to be completed and published over the next twelve months, etc.
The problem is, I can't handle another list right now. My life is full of lists at the present, including:
- A list of just who is attending my family reunion, which my husband and I are hosting over Thanksgiving weekend.
- A list of where those who are planning to stay at the house are going to sleep; who gets a bedroom and who will be staying at Camp Griffin in the basement.
- A list of the menu for Thanksgiving Eve, Thanksgiving breakfast, and Thanksgiving dinner, which I'm preparing.
- A list of "teams" who will work together to prepare one meal each for the rest of the weekend.
- A list of things I need my handyman to either fix or install before everyone gets here.
- My Christmas shopping list.
- My Christmas card list.
What about you? Are you all "listed out" with things that have to be done by year's end?