November 27, 2012

Anatomy of an eBook:  Something Real

I've been a little busy, hosting 25 family members for the Thanksgiving weekend.  One thing I was determined to do was get Something Real published before anyone arrived, and I did.  I just realized I forgot to mention it on my blog.

Something Real, my 21st original novel, was published on November 15th.  It is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and at Smashwords.  I think Sean D. Young of Young Creations did a fabulous job with the cover.  What do you think?

 

Wondering what's up next?  I have ambitious plans for 2013, but I'm not confident enough that I'll be able to accomplish all I hope to, so I'm keeping mum...other than to say that I will definitely be releasing the final book in this series that began with Save The Best For Last (Gen and Dexter's story) and continues with Something Real (which includes both Cesca and Terrence as well as Liv and Brian).  The concluding story, which will be considerably shorter than the 107.7K final word count of its predecessor, wraps up the relationship between the latter couple.  I've already started this and plan to publish before winter's end.

I still have to update my website (did I mention I've been busy?), but I did an entertaining guest blog with author Chicki Brown at her blog, Sister Scribbler.  It will give you an idea of what the story is about, so check it out!  Also, I have been offering Save The Best For Last, published in 2009, for FREE on Smashwords.  If you haven't read this eBook yet, you can get your complimentary copy here.

Finally, I was also interviewed by author Michelle Monkou for her regular column in the online version of USA Today.  You can read the interview here.

Thanks to the regular readers of this blog for coming along on this journey with me as I worked to complete Something Real, from conception and all through the structuring process.  Now that it's over, I wish you good reading!

0 comments: