Free at last

The best part of writing a book is, by far, finishing the damn thing. I have been eating, driving, sleeping, showering, ironing, vacuuming, and everything else, this book for the last two weeks. I sat down at the computer Friday night and barely got up until 9:30 this morning, when I emailed it to my editor and agent. Is it any wonder I feel like a hostage who's just been freed?





My work-in-progress is now a bona fide manuscript. Now that it's done, I'll tell you a little about it.

What would you do if you (presuming you're in the market) met a man who was successful, wealthy, handsome, considerate, a true gentleman, and who was crazy about you? The absolute perfect man . . . in every way but one? And if his one imperfection was, well, the stuff romance novels heroes are always so great at? (I call this my anti-romance; the idea came to me by playing the traditional writer's game of What If . . .?)

The name of the book is (drum roll, please) . . . A New Kind of Bliss. It'll be published by Kensington's Dafina imprint and will be at a bookstore near you in May 2009. More info will be following in the months ahead.

So what will I be up to now that this manuscript is finished? Not a blessed thing. At least for the next couple of days . . . .

9 comments:

PatriciaW said...

I see trouble on the horizon...and an intriguing book.

NOW I get to say, "Congrats?!"

Yaaayyyy!!!!

Yasmin said...

The name of the book is (drum roll, please) . . . A New Kind of Bliss. It'll be published by Kensington's Dafina imprint and will be at a bookstore near you in May 2009. More info will be following in the months ahead.


CONGRATS and I can't wait to read it!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congrats on turning in your manuscript. I look forward to reading A New Kind of Bliss. Celebration is in order!!!

Lori said...

I'm a big fan of the anti-romance--so much so, I even wrote one myself (smile). I will keep my eye out for yours. I'm already eager to know about Mr. Perfect's imperfection (LOL). Catchy title too.

bettye griffin said...

Yasmin, thanks for the good wishes. You know APOOO will get a review copy when the time comes!

Thanks, Shelia! I'm celebrating . . . by getting in the whirlpool with a ton of bubbles, a glass of wine, and a good book. That's all the celebration I can handle at this point in my life!

Lori, I wish I can take credit for the title, but that was my editor's baby. When it came to naming this book we volleyed more ideas back and forth than you'd see at Wimbledon. It took months, too. (Thank God it wasn't a baby going nameless all that time.)

Abigail said...

Congrats! I can't wait to read it.

Sean D. Young said...

I'm so glad you're finally finished. Now, take a breather and start something else! LOL

Sean

bettye griffin said...

Abigail, I hope you enjoy it when you do read it!

Sean, I breathed for three whole days. Now it's back to work!

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Congrats on finishing the book! It sounds REALLY intriguing! LOL. I can't wait to read this one. A perfect man with a flaw like that... my... I can't wait....

Gwyneth