Movie Trivia #3 and answers to #2



First, let's go over the answers to Sunday's questions:



1) Woman #1: "What're you in here for, stealing flowers? What'd you do, steal candy from the girl scouts?" Woman #2: "I murdered 18 men."





This came from Madea Goes To Jail (2009).


Quote 2) Man #1: "You wouldn't kill me in cold blood, would you?"Man #2: "No, I'll let you warm up a little."




This came from classic gangster movie White Heat (1949). James Cagney at 50 was too old to play a 30-year-old, but effective nevertheless. Out of all the actors of that era, only Edward G. Robinson got to deliver more acidly humorous lines.



Quote 3) "I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay. I doubt they'll kick up any fuss. Not for an old crook like me."



This came from The Shawshank Redemption (1994).



The common link is that all three movies were partially set in prison (or jail). So anything containing the words jail, prison, convicts, is correct.



Patricia provided correct answers to #1 and #3 plus the bonus question and earned 15 points, for a total of 35.


Donna provided correct answers to all three questions plus the bonus and earned 20 points, for a total of 40. She's presently the leader!


Katrina provided correct answers to quote #3 plus the bonus and earned 10 points.


WebbHolsey provided correct answers to quotes #1 and #2 thru email and earned 10 points. (I did refer her to my blog for the other two questions, but didn't hear from her. I've got a feeling she would have gotten them right as well!




Now, for today's quotes:


1) Man #1: "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."
Man #2: "You want to walk a little faster through that valley there?"


2) "You see, Mr. Scott, in the water I'm a very skinny lady."


3) "Dying together's even more personal than living together."


This last one's a toughie, so here’s a hint: This line was spoken by a stage actress in one of the few movies she made. This woman was famous for her off-color personal remarks, such as, “I’m off to Hollywood, dahling, to make a film and to fuck that divine Gary Cooper,” “I’m as pure as the driven slush,” and "Daddy warned me about men and booze, but never about women and cocaine." (This daddy's girl was bisexual.) But remember, I need the name of the movie, not of the actress.


Five points for the name of the movie these lines came from. Five bonus points if you can identify the common link between these films. Answers/new questions will be posted on Saturday, 2/27/2010 (and every three days through next Friday, 3/5/2010). Good luck!

2 comments:

DonnaD said...

Yay me!! I'm the winner... oh, wait, we're still in the contest!

This is fun! Now the first two I knew right away, having seen them so many times.

The first is from "Titanic" - the James Cameron version. Yeah, this is near the end as the boat is up in the air and the priest is trying to provide consolation and Jack (the witty Leonardo DiCaprio) is trying to get out of his way.

The second is the original - and the best - "The Posiedon Adventure". The line was delivered by the divine Shelley Winters as Mrs. Rosen, right before she had her heart attack and died (the character, not the actor LOL). My favorite scene is Ernest Borgnine shouting, "Linda! LIN-DA!!! My Linda..." Because up until that point, I don't think he liked her all that much.

The last one was not as hard to find out as I thought it might. The line is from "Lifeboat" and delivered by Tallulah Bankhead. From the review, it sounds like an interesting movie.

The tie-in is that they were all about ships that sank in the ocean.

PatriciaW said...

First one's easy as I just watched that movie recently.

Titanic.

Second one, is Poseidon Adventure.

Don't know the third one, although the actress sounds like a piece of work.

What they have in common? Movies taking place on boats.