Talk about Exhaling

I sat down at my computer at 6AM yesterday morning with the intent of filing an extension for our 2006 tax return. When the software started prompting me for our total tax payments and our tax obligation, I realized I'd have to do at least part of the return to get a better idea of this.

At 10PM last night I went to bed, exhausted but still not finished.

I started again at 6AM this morning. By 10AM I was done. Eighteen hours total, of which 17-1/2 was spent working on the Federal return. I did the state in 30 minutes, probably less.

I haven't been outside since Sunday. I didn't know about the terrible events at Virginia Tech until my husband came home at 5:30PM.

I guess if I could write like that I'd be a lot more productive. But who wants to cut themselves off from the world?

Anyway, I'm glad it's done. I'm off to the post office!

0 comments: