Speaking of Moving

The long-distance fellows are finally on their way, bringing our belongings from Florida to the new house in Wisconsin. What a rollercoaster this has been. I'd tell you about it, but I'll save it for one of my books. All I can say is, my brother-in-law is a saint (we asked him to supervise the loading of our storage unit for us so we wouldn't have to travel to Florida . . . we're already spending enough money. . . can you say "Brazilian hardwood"?

Anyway, my brother-in-law tells me the guys busted their chops trying to fit everything on the truck . . . it seems our load was larger than anticipated (you never know how much stuff you've got until it's time to move it. Picturing them struggling brings to mind one of my favorite songs. Mind you that my musical taste includes much more than R&B. This song was a huge hit a year or two before I was even born and has become part of American pop culture. Never did a simple drum and clarinet sound so effective.

Enjoy it, and have a great weekend. I'll be posting a writing-related essay by well-known author Lynn Emery between now and Monday.


0 comments: