Do You Know What Today (okay, tomorrow) Is?

So asks the musical question by Tony! Toni! Toné! The answer: It's our anniversary. Yes, tomorrow is my anniversary, 16 years. We are a little older and a lot heavier. Last year in Chicago it fell on a Friday and we had a foot of snow. I got the day off. Hubby was extremely busy and went in around 2PM, when the roads had been cleared and the electricity was back on at his office.

This year they are again expecting a storm, snow, sleet, real messy stuff. So we'll likely do the same thing we did last year . . . chill out patiently, knowing that in three weeks we'll be leaving for vacation in Florida!

I wonder - as I consider that I might have to cook dinner in rather than go out to eat if it's really slippery - what are the odds of crummy weather on the same date two consecutive years?
This weekend I will be cleaning up some projects in preparation for submission. This is the real grungy part of writing, and I'm giving myself two weeks to get it done. I already know from last year (because If These Walls Could Talk was a May release) that I will likely be dragging galleys along on my vacation (it's a May thing; those galleys are due back in New York right after the first of the year, so, future published writers, avoid May publication dates if you're hosting the holiday dinner, giving a New Year's party or have small children). I see no film classics scheduled, so I'll probably work in some shredding as well. Maybe even get a jump on my tax return and clean up the receipt file. Then again, maybe I'll just read a book.
Wishing a productive weekend to all!

8 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Happy anniversary! I hope that you and your husband have a wonderful day no matter what the weather. Congrats on 16 years!

Gwyneth

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Oh and I love the picture of the two of you. Y'all look good together! Great picture. :-)

Gwyneth

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you enjoyed your special day (and night...smile).

Unknown said...

Cute pic. Happy Anniversary and many more. I hope that you had a wonderful time.

bettye griffin said...

Gwyneth, Shelia, Samara, thank you all for your good wishes. Unfortunately, the weather did turn out to be a factor. The snow started before noon, and by evening the temperature rose and it turned into freezing rain. We had to skip dinner and the movies. My husband ended up driving to Chili's, just a few blocks away, and picking up a take-out order. But it was a nice evening all the same.

Maybe next year the weather will be better. Preferably, we'll be living someplace else!

PatriciaW said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!

And I see from the news reports that you got your snow. Perhaps you should plan for that in the future, for a romantic indoor retreat. You can be disappointed if the ground is dry and sun is shining. LOL!

PatriciaW said...

Oh, and I tried to email you at (your name) at (your name.com) It returned to me as undeliverable so I'm going to hop over to your site and try it from there.

bettye griffin said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Patricia! Looking forward to hearing from you via e-mail.