It's Done!!!

ONCE UPON A PROJECT



Once Upon A Project is on its way to my editor. The copyedits are all complete. I was even able to do it and not take any time off from work. Needless to say, I'm delighted. The more I see this manuscript, the better I think it is . . . especially now that all the continuity problems and inconsistencies have been addressed, corrected or clarified. The copyeditor I had is worth her (I learned it's a she after all) weight in gold.

In addition, I checked the progress of my WIP. It didn't seem like I'd gotten a whole lot done on it, but to my pleasant surprise, it's inching up:

WIP


On that happy note, I'm going to chill the rest of the day. I'll be back tomorrow. Those cute progress meter cartoons came from writertopia.com , by the way.

4 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

That's wonderful Bettye! Congrats on getting it done. I love these little cartoons by the way. I might have to get me one.

Gwyneth

Melissa Blue said...

Congrats.

For the life of me I can get how to use those writertopia things.

PatriciaW said...

Hey, congratulations Bettye!

I'm going to "borrow" the writertopia stuff too. I like it.

bettye griffin said...

Gwyneth and Patricia,
I thought the writers who read my blog might be interested in using these progress meters, and the folks at Writertopia encourage current users to pass on the web site, so have at it!

Mel,
You can e-mail me privately (see my web site for the address; I'm reluctant to post it here) and I'll send you the formula I used with indicators to insert your actual vs. proposed word counts, as well as the corresponding emotion. That way, all you'll have to do is go to the Writertopia site to get the list of emotions and insert the appropriate number.

Thanks for your posts!