Photos from Slam Jam 2008

Okay, it's been four months since Romance Slam Jam was held in Chicago. Thank God I had the foresight to presume that we'd find our house right around then (we did) and arranged to participate on Saturday only. In that morning and afternoon I caught up with old friends, met people I'd become friends with via the Internet and the telephone, and met people I'd had limited contact with.

Now that I'm still struggling to finish my WIP while simultaneously entertaining my visiting mother and sister, this seems like a good time to share some of the photos with you, so enjoy! I'll post the rest midweek.



With Beverly Jenkins, my table-mate at the mass book signing (we were seated alphabetically according to first name). The fact that we each had new books out at the end of April was merely coincidental.


The literary sister act, Marilyn Tyner and Alice Wootson




With LaConnie Taylor Jones. I'm standing on my toes so I don't look too short and dumpy next to my tall, willowy friend!



With Celeste Norfleet, whom I finally got to meet for the first time!




With AlTonya Washington, whom I also met for the first time.



With my good friend Sean Young. Sean is looking fabulous, and wasn't that sweet of her to stoop (she knows I hate having my picture taken with women who are taller, slimmer, and younger than I am!)

With Radiah Hubbert of Urban-Reviews.com. Isn't she cute?

5 comments:

PatriciaW said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Glad to hear you're making progress on your wip.

Sean D. Young said...

Bettye,

You know I'd do anything for you!(smile)

Everyone looks great!!! We had such a great time.

Melissa Blue said...

I had the honor of meeting Beverly Jenkins. She had one of those personalities where you just relax.

Anonymous said...

It's never to late to share pictures :) Looks like you all had a good time. Thanks for sharing.

bettye griffin said...

Thanks, all! I'll tell y'all a secret (which won't be a secret anymore, of course.) The nicest part of attending these events for me is connecting with all the wonderful people I've met in the past, plus meeting the people I've had Internet contact with, plus meeting new people, authors and readers alike. I'm not much for attending workshops and next year in L.A. will probably spend as much time exploring the city (I greatly enjoyed the sights of San Diego last month) as I will at the conference! I have a couple of friends who have settled in that area and would like to spend some time with them as well.

Bring on RSJ 2009!