In Memoriam


Author Katherine D. Jones passed away yesterday, May 17th.


I never met Katherine. I learned last December that we have a mutual friend, and we both got a kick out of this when I e-mailed her. We corresponded back and forth by e-mail. I found her to be charming and funny. On-line contact is not unusual in the world of black romance writers, at least in my experience. I have “chatted” with numerous colleagues via the Internet before actually meeting them face-to-face. We said we hoped to meet at a future Slam Jam. Sadly, this will not happen.


In addition to being a writer, Katherine was a wife and mother to two sons. She will be greatly missed by her family, her friends, and her readership.


Rest in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the opportunity to meet Ms. Jones at a book club meeting last December in San Antonio, Texas.We had read her novel, Deep Down. She was very warm and down to earth. She autographed my book and we shared information about a local black publisher. I had given her the wrong last name, so I emailed the correct info to her and she responded. I will miss her work, but I am grateful for having had the opportunity to meet such a wonderful person. God never fails, and I know that He makes no mistakes. It causes one to pause and reflect on what is before us and to move forward in His name.May God's peace be with the family as they go through this transition phase of life. Rhonda James

bettye griffin said...

What a lovely remembrance of Katherine! Thank you for sharing.

Bettye