Still Chuckling Over This One

One of the computers on our home network went out last night. I decided the problem probably laid with my wireless adaptor, since everything else seemed to be working. So today I bought a new one, a compact USB adaptor, according to the box.

I installed the software, but when I was prompted to insert the damn thing it wouldn't fit. A closer look revealed that my compact adaptor would only fit in the USB port if I removed my keyboard, my mouse, and my printer. (This is an older model desktop, from before the time when manufacturers began installing additional USB ports in the front.) Removing these peripherals would, of course, render my desktop useless.

I ended up going to a different store (the first place I went to only had this type of adaptor, and I'm just not up to driving back there tonight to return it) and purchased a different model, but the manufacturer's use of the word compact to describe this monstrosity cracks me up.

And after the aggravation I've had the last two days I could use a good belly laugh.

0 comments: