Movie Trivia Answer to Question #9 and New Question #10
Subtitle: What a Day I'm Having!!

Sorry I'm so late today. I had to renew my registration this morning, got in at 10, just crashed a good-bye party for a co-worker I know at 1, and I've got a two-hour meeting at 2, after which time I'll probably go home because it's snowing.

A word to the wise: If you ever relocate to another state and have to register more than one car, do them separately. We actually have a third "emergency" car, and I'm grateful I did that one after the other two. That woman put my name on the car my husband bought, and she also copied the mileage from the car I drive onto his title, she mixed up the license plates, and if that weren't bad enough, they had a devil of a time trying to find my husband's Blazer in the system. I think she also copied the VIN number from the car I drive. That explains why I only received one renewal notice. If that weren't bad enough, the woman behind me was waiting to get a handicapped sticker, of all things.

Okay. Lesson over. Let's get down to the real nitty-gritty. That's right, folks, "Show me the money!" was said in the film Jerry Maguire (1996) and was said by both Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Tom Cruise. Four people (not the three I originally said; somehow I missed Mel's correct response) got this one right, including the bonus point (the character names weren't necessary this time around).

Here's the scores:

Patricia 11 OGGS
Shelia 7 OGGS
Reon 7 OGGS
Mel 4 OGGS
Donna 3 OGGS
Janie 2 OGGS
Gwyneth and Patsy 1 OGGS

I leave you with a quote you'll have the whole weekend to ponder, and then some. The answer will be posted on Tuesday.

"May the Force be with you."

First, what movie was it from? For a bonus point, what was the character name of the speaker?

I'll use that same quote for my sign-off, but don't forget to check in tomorrow for another character sketch from Once Upon A Project.

6 comments:

DonnaD said...

Ha! Too easy!

The quote is from the ORIGINAL "Star Wars" (now dubbed "Star Wars, Episode 4). It was spoken by Obi Wan Kenobi played to perfection by the late Sir Alec Guiness.

Yes, I'm a geek. :)

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Dang, Patricia! I quit... :-(

LOL.

Okay, the line comes from Star Wars.

Melissa Blue said...

Star Wars: Obi-wan Kenobi. I had to ask my mom had to spell that one. She can still remember when she went to the theaters to go see it.

PatriciaW said...

Okay, I know it's Star Wars (the original movie) but that's about it. I would probably say Obi-wan but probably not.

Anonymous said...

Not sure if I'm late...but the movie trivia answer is Star Wars.

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

Star Wars--Han Solo (Harrison Ford) said it.

Reon :-)