One Voter's Opinion on Last Night's Debate

Clearly, the gloves are off.

I wish the cameras would stop showing Hillary Clinton from behind. She has a pear-shape build, and it's not flattering. Is it really necessary?

It was John Edwards' time to shine, but he was blinking more than a digital clock after a power outage. Did the lights bother him? Did he need some drops?

Barack Obama needs to pay special attention to his tone. A couple of times he sounded reminiscent of a little kid. And it wouldn't hurt for him to be more specific about his ideas, like his opponents. That same old call for change is starting to get old.

And Bill Clinton would do well to take the advice of Ted Kennedy and other Democrats who are urging him to shut up. I almost felt like there were four people in the debate. But you don't see Michelle Obama taking potshots at Hillary, do you?

That said, I think I'd be comfortable with any of these three in the Oval Office. Only one of them can be President, but a President has to have a Cabinet, and personally, I think they all have something to offer. I also liked what I heard from former candidate Bill Richardson, and I hope he'll play a part in the next Democratic administration.

4 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

At this point, I think I'd be happy with anyone but the current idiot...

Gwyneth

Anonymous said...

The gloves are definately off and may the best man or woman come out the winner. Let's hope when it's all said and done, they pull together and one graciously accepts a VP nod if they don't get the top running spot.

bettye griffin said...

Amen, ladies!

PatriciaW said...

We can only hope. Funny thing is I like things about them each too although the strident tone and unnecessary mudslinging is getting on my nerves.