Hillary's Lead Increases

This was the lead story on yesterday morning's news. The white female Senator from New York has, according to the latest poll numbers, gained a double digit lead over the black male Senator from Illinois.

Part of this is attributed to the strong support of women for Hillary, who has been endorsed by Maya Angelou and other prominent women. The media also reported growing concern about Barack's "lack of experience."

Because Barack hasn't taken any missteps to suggest he is not ready for the Presidency and certainly gives the impression that he can hang with the best of them, I have to wonder if this shift might be a possible cover to me for people who initially supported Barack because they didn't want to be perceived as racists, moving it to Hillary because "I don't really want a (insert slur here) in the White House."

After all, this is a country where a candidate (Mitt Romney) has a strong showing merely because he "looked Presidential," in other words, a white male with gray at his temples.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it. It's so early in the race that these polls are meaningless. Let's see what happens towards the end of the year. A lot of people haven't made up their minds.

I like Barack a lot, but I also like Hillary. And I'm interested in a couple of Republican candidates as well. But I want to hear more from all of them before I make up my mind. I think a lot of people out there feel the same way.

bettye griffin said...

Yes, it is early; and much can happen. Today's news about Michael Bloomberg (mayor of NYC) only proves that!

Thanks, Donna!