I've Been Busy

I'm happy to report that I finished the book I started reading New Year's Day. Let's see . . . January first to March 9th . . . if I keep up this pace I'll get to read 5 more books before the year is out! I enjoyed the book I read, although I do think it could have been 50 pages shorter. It was a romance, one of those real feel-good stories that makes you go, "Ahhhhh!" when you read the last sentence. A vividly drawn locale and plenty of yummy sex also helped make the read enjoyable.

As you can see, I am sticking to my rule that reading won't interfere with my other planned accomplishments. I tried to institute a rule that I would not bring any books into the house unless I've read everything I have, but I broke it two weeks ago when I went to Borders to get a gift card for my Movie Trivia contest. They were having one of those "Buy 1, get 1 half price" deals (who can resist that?). I picked up one of those old family secret books and am looking forward to reading it.

I also finally got around to updating my website, so take a look. I'd hoped to have my book trailer done by now, but hubby is under the weather, so that will have to wait. There's an excerpt to Once Upon A Project posted on the Books and WIP page.

Of course, I've been writing as well:



Progress meter by Writertopia.

Last week's progress was done entirely by dictation as I drove. I will probably continue with this until early May, at which time I'll be done with promotion for my new book, and then I'll get to work in earnest. In the meantime, those 2,500 words or so each week will add up.

2 comments:

PatriciaW said...

Great progress!

I'll pass on the excerpt. I'm a bit weird about this. When I really want to read a book, like Once Upon a Project, I won't read excerpts or book reviews before I've had a chance to read the whole thing in its entirety. Now if it's a book I have no strong feelings about, I love reading excerpts. Go figure!

bettye griffin said...

I know excerpts aren't for everyone. That's one reason why it took me so damn long to post one. But it's out there for those who are interested.

I do hope you enjoy the book when it comes out!