Oscar Trivia 2009 #9

I'm posting a little earlier than usual today. Still feeling bad about publishing the last answer too early and having to disqualify that question.

Today's quotes is a two-fer, from two different movies. I personally think they're toughies, but you guys have been getting everything else, so here goes!

1) "O-Lan, you are the earth."

Name the movie for 5 points. Name the actress who played O-Lan for 5 bonus points.

2) "Caterina, Caterina . . . where you go, rain go. One-a day you gonna smile and we're gonna have a big holiday."

And no, I'm not making fun of Italian-Americans. I merely copied the dialect in which the line was spoken, which might (or might not) help you identify it. Name the movie for 5 points. Name the actor who played the title role for 5 bonus points.

There is a connection between these two actors related to the Oscars. Ten bonus points if you can tell me what it is. There's a possible 30 points for all the right answers.

The answers to be published on Thursday, noon-ish Central Time. No matter how early Cassandra responds, I promise not to publish her answer until after I post the answers. The time that will show the post was made might appear as though she answered after the deadline, but I assure you she did not.

Good luck!

4 comments:

Kia said...

1. The Good Earth - Luise Rainer
2. Marty - Ernest Borgnine

They are oldest living winners and the earliest surviving winners.
Kia

DonnaD said...

Quote 1: Louise Rainer is the actress and the movie is "The Good Earth."

Quote 2: You got me on this one. If I had to take a stab, based on my search, I'd say "Caterina in the Big City" but I'm pretty sure that's not it. So since I can't figure it out, I'm not even going to guess at the bonus round.

Kwana said...

I'm totally not in the running, but how much fun is this! I'm having a great time reading and seeing how much trivia I don't know. I'm so ashamed!

Anonymous said...

1. Movie: The Good Earth
Actress: Luise Rainer

2. Movie: Marty
Actor: Ernest Borgnine

Connection is that Luise Rainer is the longest surviving best actress winner and Ernest Borgnine is the longest surviving best actor winner.

Cassandra (VAM170)