Oscar Trivia #3


I just realized that in my comments about the entertainment at Sunday's Super Bowl I referred to Jennifer Hudson as Jennifer Holliday (who was prominent in the 1980s). Sorry 'bout that. Chalk it up to age. It's fitting, I guess, since the President of the United States is younger than I am!




Okay, now for the answer to Tuesday's quote. "I hope she has a magic coochie" came from the charming interracial romantic comedy Something New (2006). Sanaa Lathan's character was snapping at her brother, whose rapidly changing stream of women on his arm is a running gag throughout the movie, right up through the very end.




If you're a fan of romantic comedy and haven't seen this movie, please seek it out. If my recall of your answers, which I will post immediately after getting this column up, is accurate, all who entered got the name of the movie correctly, but everyone did not know that the relationship between the speaker and the person being addressed was that of siblings. On Saturday I will post up-to-date score tallies so everyone knows where they stand.




Now, for today's quote:

"Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera."

This may have been said in more than one film, so let me clarify that I'm looking for the movie in which the character says this numerous times, not just once.

Five points for correctly naming the movie. Two bonus points if you can correctly name the country where it is set (by the name it was known as at the time, not the name it is known by today.) Three more bonus points if you can name the decade (the century alone is not sufficient) in which it is set, and if you name the exact year I'll double those bonus points to 6.

Your answers will be published, and the answers revealed, by about noon on Saturday, so don't wait too long. I'm getting answers posted just before publishing the answers. One answer came in literally at the same time (just one more minute later and their response wouldn't have been counted). And if you haven't played yet, it's never too late to get in. A movie lover can always catch up.

See you here in 48!

5 comments:

DonnaD said...

Hmmm... I heard this in my head but couldn't place the voice without looking it up. (It was Yul Brenner.)

The movie: "The King and I"
The location: Siam (now Burma I think)
The decade: 1860
The year: 1862

I'm presuming you mean when the movie is set, not when it is filmed. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay my mind is on overload right now so I might have to pass on getting points for this one...man..but if it comes to me while sleeping, I'm waking up and logging back on...lol
My mom's birthday is Sunday so I have a lot of stuff to do for her party and I have yet to get started.

Ladysilver said...

The King in "The King and I" repeats this throughout the movie.(I love this movie).

He was the King of Siam and it was set in 1860's. I used to really think I was singing Getting to Know You.(LOL)

Anonymous said...

The King And I (1956)
Siam
Early 1860's
Kia

Anonymous said...

The King and I
Siam
1860's
1862

VAM170