It's Leap Year Day . . . will there really be a spring?

Since this is the day for women to propose to men, I asked my husband if he'd marry me all over again. I'm pleased to report that he gave the right answer!




Since many of you in the blogosphere are familiar with Patricia W., here's a photo my husband took of the two of us when we were in Florida over the Christmas holiday:


I'm so glad it shows her dimples. Ain't she cute? Patricia, I wish I were in Florida again, after what over 60% of Chicagoans surveyed said has been the worst winter in memory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet. Too bad I don't have a special man in my life to pop the question too... :)

Love the pic of you and Patricia W. You both have beautiful smiles.

PatriciaW said...

I wish you were in FL too, Bettye! So I should refrain from mentioning our recent 2-day cold snap (highs in the 50s) and that fact that today's forecast calls for 76 degrees? :smile:

Thanks Sheila. Tell my dentist who's doing his job but stressing me. Seems like once you hit a certain age, medical professionals just like to start worrying about what could happen.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

What nice pictures! I'm still jealous that I couldn't be there... ;-)

Gwyneth

bettye griffin said...

Funny you should say that, Shelia! I was just telling my husband that I think I might need a brace (again). Seems like my teeth are doing that mid-life shift. One of those babies is trying to move in front of all the others.

That's right, Patricia, rub it in! But we had somewhat of a heat wave this weekend. It hit 45.

Gwyneth, I'm bringing my camera to the Slam Jam, so get ready to smile!