Movie Trivia Answers to Question #18 and a New Final Question

Sorry to be so late. It's been a busy day.

Here we go with the correct answers:
"Stellllll-aaaaaa!" said by Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire 1951)

"The calla lillies are in bloom again" said by Katharine Hepburn in Stage Door (1937)
"They call me Mister Tibbs!" said by Sidney Poitier in In the Heat of the Night (1967)
"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good" said by Michael Douglas in Wall Street (1987)
"No wire hangers . . . EVER!" said by Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest (1981)
"You were probably frightened by a callus at an early age" said by Eve Arden in Mildred Pierce (1945)
"You better not let her hear you say that" (that she's been "penetrated" - by advertising) said by Kirk Doublas in A Letter to Three Wives (1948)

Y'all continue to amaze me. Reon ran the gamut, acing every single question. Donna only missed one (the name of the movie the last quote came from). Incidentally, Donna, I loved it when you said that "calla lilles" sounded like Katharine Hepburn. It's a line she actually said, unlike the "Judy, Judy, Judy," attributed to Cary Grant. I was surprised at how many of you aced the two toughies.

The scores:

Donna has 72 OGGS

Reon has 71 OGGS

Shelia has 60 OGGS

Patricia is still at 41 OGGS

Gwyneth has 20 OGGS

Okay. Are you ready for Final Movie Trivia? Note that I use the term 'actor' as a generic pronoun; the 'actor' can be a female.

"You can't handle the truth!" 1 point for the actor, 2 points for the film

"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!" 5 points for the actor, 1 point for the film

"I'll have what she's having." 3 points for the actor who played the "she" referred to, 1 point for the film

"Why don't you come up sometime and see me?" 1 point for the actor, 5 points for the actor she said it to (an unknown back in 1933 who was a star by the end of the decade)

"I see dead people." 1 point for the film, 1 point for the actor on the receiving end of this confession (not the speaker)

Now for the toughie (just one):

Scene: A panicked woman talking about the town's most eligible bachelor (she wants him for her daughter), who shows interest in another girl, being reassured by her friend:
"You can be dark and have money, you can be light and have no money . . . but you can't be dark, have no money, and expect to get Harry Patel."

Hint: This art house film starred a very popular black actor but also dealt with a non-black culture.

2 points for the film, 2 points for the name of the actor who played the male lead.

The Thursday answers have been due in by Tuesday for the life of this contest, but this time I must ask you to get your answers in by Sunday at around noon Central Time. I should have the winners' names announced by 6PM Central Time. Good luck, and I thank you all for participating. I hope you had fun!

4 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Jack Nicholson, A Few Good Men
???
Meg Ryan, When Harry Met Sally
MaeWest ???
The Sixth Sense, Bruce Willis

Anonymous said...

I'll try my hand at the new ones this weekend.

Reference the last one from yesterday, I figured the actor was Kirk Douglas but I didn't know for sure and didn't know the movie to confirm...that was a good one.

Anonymous said...

Jack Nicholson--A Few Good Men
Peter Finch--Network
Meg Ryan-When Harry Met Sally
Mae West to Cary Grant
Bruce Willis --The Sixth Sense
Denzel Washington and Mississippi Masala
Boo-yah!!---Reon :-D

Anonymous said...

"You can't handle the truth!" Actor: Jack Nicholson; Movie: A Few Good Men


"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!" Actor: Peter Finch; Movie: Network


"I'll have what she's having." Actor: Meg Ryan; Movie: When Harry Met Sally


"Why don't you come up sometime and see me?" Mae West is the actor. Cary Grant is the one she said it to.

"I see dead people." Movie: The Sixth Sense actor on the receiving end of this confession is Bruce Willis


Scene: A panicked woman talking about the town's most eligible bachelor (she wants him for her daughter), who shows interest in another girl, being reassured by her friend:
"You can be dark and have money, you can be light and have no money . . . but you can't be dark, have no money, and expect to get Harry Patel."


MOVIE Mississippi Masala male leadDenzel Washington