Oh, please

Tomorrow's news will be full of remarks about Barack Obama's "bad manners" for cutting in on Hillary Clinton's rah-rah speech (in which she neither acknowledged her loss nor congratulated Obama) and knocking her off the air of all the cable news networks. Of course, the Obama camp is saying they had no idea that she was still speaking (yeah, right).

Personally, I'm glad he did it. She pulled the same sheer stunt on Potomac Tuesday. Of course a candidate wants to look good, but I'm starting to think this woman has a real problem with admitting she was wrong (as in her vote for the Iraq War) or that someone else got more votes than she did. This tells me that she is likely to do anything she can to win. I predict things are going to get very nasty and double-dealing before it's over, so you'd better watch your back, Obama.

As for Obama, I think he went on far too long with his speech, although he did sound more presidential than he has on previous occasions. He's putting me to sleep.

Or maybe I'm just getting bored with the whole thing.

5 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Yes, I think things are about to get ugly... We'll see...

Gwyneth

Anonymous said...

I think Obama's speech was long because he was trying to kill two birds with one stone-- remain inspirational AND provide a bit more detail/meat (about his plans) for people who complain that he's all style and and no substance.

Reon

bettye griffin said...

Gwyneth, I guess it's really a question of how ugly it will get. I think it's a given that it won't be pretty.

Reon, Whatever Obama's reasons, he made my eyelids heavy. I do applaud him for sounding so victorious - God knows Hillary would have done it. I couldn't help thinking how no one remembers what the speaker before Abraham Lincoln said (and he talked for two hours), but Lincoln's address that day is regarded as a masterpiece.

Thanks for posting, ladies!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Democratic race has gotten ugly. I wonder who either one will pick for their VP running mate. I know for me after hearing you dog me out in public, there's no way I would pick you for my VP. I think Edwards will be Barack's choice, but I might be wrong.
That was a great move with the speech thing--he might not have known, but I betcha his staff did--kudos to them.

Yasmin said...

I predict things are going to get very nasty and double-dealing before it's over, so you'd better watch your back, Obama.

yep and right now Obama is getting it from not only Hilary but McCain and my dumb-arze gov'ner...arghhh the land of Pensatucky!
xoxo