Movie Trivia Answer to Question #16 and New Question #17


Lots of ground to cover, so let's get started:

Busted Love: Moonstruck (1987)
"In time, you'll see this was the best thing." (said by Danny Aiello)
"In time you'll drop dead and I'll come to your funeral in a red dress!" (said by Cher)

Drunk Love: The Best Man (1999)
Man and woman who hate each other wake up in bed together. They look at each other, scream, and jump out of bed.
"I ain't never drinkin' no more!" (said by Terrence Howard)

Nobly Sacrified Love: Casablanca (1942)
"Here's looking at you, kid." (said by Humphrey Bogart)

Nauseating Love: Love Story (1970)
"Love means never having to say you're sorry." (said by both Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal)

No Future Love: Now, Voyager (1942)
"Oh Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars." (said by Bette Davis)

Fed-Up Love: Gone With The Wind (1939)

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." (said by Clark Gable)

Y'all did remarkably well with this one. Has everybody really seen Now, Voyager? (I thought that would stump everybody except Reon, who like me is an old movie buff, but I think most of y'all got that one.) I'll tell you this - every time I see it, I want to take Bette Davis' wardrobe. For a film made 66 years ago, her clothes are remarkably contemporary.
The latest scores:
Patricia has 41 OGGS
Donna has 40 OGGS
Reon has 34 OGGS
Shelia has 33 OGGS
Mel has 20 OGGS
Gwyneth (who's busy working on her next book) has 11 OGGS
That was fun, but ooh! Trying to figure those scores! I think the last question will be another multiple set-up to shake things up a bit and to leave the winners up in the air. As you can see, the tide has shifted a little bit.
This is the last week of new questions. Note that Thursday's answer must be posted by Sunday (Academy Award day) at noon so I can announce the top two winners and their prizes before the ceremony.
Today's quote: "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me . . . aren't you?"
Name the movie for 1 point. In addition, name the pop duo who recorded the hit song from this film for 5 bonus points.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Graduate is the movie and
Simon and Garfunkel is the duo.

DonnaD said...

Oh this is a good one!

Dustin Hoffman said this in "The Graduate."

The group is Simon & Garfunkel. "Coo-coo-cahoo, Mrs. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you will know, whoa, whoa, whoa..."

At least this one I knew off the top of my head!

Thanks for the fun!

Donna

Anonymous said...

Dustin Hoffman in "The Graduate." The pop duo: Simon & Garfunkel.

Reon :-)