My Mind is Going Through Them Changes

Drummer Buddy Miles died yesterday of congestive heart failure in Austin, Texas. His age was given as 60. He played with numerous rock legends, including Jimi Hendrix and David Bowie, but was well known for the songs Them Changes and Down by the River (I've never been able to figure out what the hell those lyrics meant). He also voiced the lead singer of the California Raisins.

He was born George Allen Miles, Jr., but nicknamed "Buddy" by his aunt for his drum-playing ability after legendary drummer Buddy Rich.

Rest in peace, Buddy! I'm going to pull out your CD now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9cRTAy5GgVE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP Buddy. He sounded like a talented guy.

bettye griffin said...

Shelia,
I tried to post the You Tube blog, but the best I could do was link to it. Unfortunately, it's with still pictures rather than an actual performance, but do check it out!

Anonymous said...

I will check it out.