Movie Trivia Answer to Question #14 and New Question #15

The quote was, "Once I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas, I don't know." It was said by Groucho Marx (as Reon said in her response, it's all about the eyebrows.)

In addition to Reon, Patricia and Donna also had the right answer. (Donna even offered a film name, Animal Crackers.) I started to rule Mel's answer of "Julius Henry" out, but when I went to get a picture of Groucho, the bio said he was born Julius Henry Marx in 1890, so I'm giving it to her. Good research, Mel! You should check out those old Marx Brothers comedies; they still hold up after 70 years. My personal Groucho favorite: When he's dancing with a woman who says, "Hold me closer! Closer! Closer!" and he says, "If I held you any closer, I'd be in back of you."

The scores:

Reon had 22 OGGS and earned 5 more: 27
Patricia had 17 OGGS and earned 5 more: 22
Donna had 12 OGGS and earned 5 more: 17
Mel had 12 OGGS and earned 5 more: 17
Shelia and Gwyneth are at 8 OGGS

Only one more week to go, so I want to make things really interesting. Today's quote is:

"I'm an advertising man. ... I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives, and several bartenders dependent upon me, and I don't want to disappoint them all by getting slightly killed."

First clue: Hitchcock.
Second clue: This movie also contains the flirtatious gem of a line: "How does a girl like you get to be a girl like you?" said by the same actor.
Last Clue: Cornfield.

Name the movie and earn 1 point. Name the actor who said it and earn 2 bonus points.

Be back tomorrow, noonish (Central Time).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Movie North by Northwest and the actor was Cary Grant.

Melissa Blue said...

The movie is North by Northwest and I'm guessing it was said by Cary Grant.

I looked up other famous quotes from the movie and this one cracked me up:

Roger Thornhill is wearing sunglasses indoors.

Ticket Seller (Ned Glass) Something wrong with your eyes?

Roger Thornhill Yes, they're sensitive to questions.

DonnaD said...

It was Cary Grant in "North by Northwest." I knew that one even before I looked it up! Not that I've seen the movie, but the first and last clues gave it away.

Happy V-Day!