Movie Trivia Answer to Question 13 and New Question 14

The quote was, "We must rid ourselves of these linguistic shackles." The movie was Uptown Saturday Night (1973), and the actor who delivered it was the late, great Roscoe Lee Browne (with an "e"). Those black Shakesperean actors really have a way of speaking, whether it's Roscoe, Avery Brooks, or the dude who played the butler on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

I've published the responses at the end of the column where the question was asked. Reon, Patricia, Mel, and Gwyneth all earned a total of 4 points for betting both parts of the answer correct. And Reon, I know what you mean . . . I was in loooooove with Calvin Lockhart myself. When he passed last year I had to remind myself that it had been over 30 years since he appeared in this movie and the follow-up (but not a sequel), Let's Do It Again. He managed to look handsome, even dressed in those faggoty-looking outfits he wore in a few of the scenes.

Now, for the updated scores, including those from the last Trivia:

Reon had 16 OGGS, earned 2 points for Trivia 12 and 4 points for this one: 22 OGGS

Patricia had 13 OGGS and earned 4 points for this one: 17 OGGS

Donna is still at 12

Mel had 6 OGGS, earned 2 points for Trivia 12 and 4 points for this one: 12 OGGS

Shelia is still at 8

Gwyneth had 2 OGGS, earned 2 points for Trivia 12 and 4 points for this one: 8 OGGS

Well done, ladies! Now for today's quote:

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas, I don't know."

For this one you don't have to name the movie. But if you can name the funnyman who said it, you will earn 5 points.

See you around noon Central Time tomorrow with the answer!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me stomped with that one. I haven't seen Uptown Saturday Night in a long time.

DonnaD said...

The answer is Groucho Marx from "Animal Crackers".

Quite a departure from the Black History month films. I like the quote!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa Blue said...

Julius Henry?

PatriciaW said...

That one's easy. Groucho Marx. I think Lucille Ball says it in that episode when her Lucy character does a Marx comedy routine with Ethel. Don't know the movie that it's from.

Anonymous said...

Groucho Marx. (I can just see the brows now!)

Reon :-)